Welcome to Greater Opportunities
Greater Opportunities provides adults living with developmental disabilities the opportunity to live their lives with dignity as independently as possible. We provide care-giving, education, and life skills in our Day Program, Supported Living Services, and Independent Living Services. The people we serve are often living at or below the poverty level and Greater Opportunities provides a quality of care and compassion that would not be available otherwise.
We invite you to make a donation to Greater Opportunities. Your transaction is secure and appreciated.
Caring Team Members
Akhom enjoys that every day working for Greater Opportunities brings new life lessons, “There are always different challenges, new things to do everyday, new things to learn; we learn from each other. It’s not just me teaching our clients, often they teach me, too. It’s a fun place to work.”Read Full Story
Margie says SLS is a great program because of the independent living skills she’s learned, and she’s grateful everyday because Yesinia is there for her and her daughter.
“Everyone should come to Cortez; they will love it. You’ll learn how to cook, you’ll learn about safety, and how to keep your apartment clean. You will have someone to talk to, to comfort you, and if you’re sad there’s always someone there.”
Andrew loves that he has so many different options and activities as a resident of the Cortez Apartments and he’s grateful for all the friends he’s met. Looking back on how much his life has improved, he says he doesn’t know what he would do without Greater Opportunities.
Follow Us Socially
Our services are highly tailored to the individual and are provided in a warm, supportive, family-like atmosphere.Learn More
Our tailored, unique programs include:
- Independent Living Services
- Independent Living Services with Group Instruction
- Supported Living Services
- Day Program Services
- Volunteer Opportunities
The dedicated Greater Opportunities staff and volunteers have served thousands of people in the Bay Area. We look forward to continuing this work in the years ahead.
Help Greater Opportunities participants reach their potential!
- Volunteers, tools and supplies to replace the lawn and sprinkler system and plant new trees at the Cortez transitional housing program.
- Volunteers and supplies needed for interior painting, and donations of new vinyl-covered chairs for the Day Program.
- View our wish list, check out our job and volunteer opportunities.
- Join the Greater Opportunities Board of Directors.
- Please give generously. We LOVE donors at Greater Opportunities!